Well, maybe not that magnificent, but that’s the only movie I could remember (That and Seven, but can’t refer to this one really, can I?)
- Actions speak louder than words – or I’ll believe it when I see it. The rest will be accepted at its face value – i.e. zero!
- No dicksands – I am not “falling” for guys anymore, I keep within my boundaries and try my best to evaluate the guy without getting my emotions in the mix – these shut my brain down big time!
- Becoming proactive – it’s not about what I want or seek, it’s about what the guy wants. Relationship only works when one party tries to meet the other’s needs and vice versa.
- Proactive doesn’t mean becoming convenient though – if a guy only wants to receive what he needs, I ain’t no fool to play the game either. It has to be a two-way street!
- I don’t settle – I don’t hand out credits either – no coming up with excuses for a guy’s behaviour! When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras! If something doesn’t feel right, most likely it isn’t right! I noticed that suspiciousness isn’t my trait at all, so when I do turn suspicious, there must be something triggering it.
- No second-third-etc. dates out of pity or mercy – I want to treat people the way I want to be treated. And I definitely wouldn’t want to be invited on a date for these reasons!
- Lies are not OK! – they deteriorate trust which is one of the cornerstones in any relationship. It’s relatively OK to exaggerate things a bit or vice versa, hide some things that don’t make you look good, but that’s it! Once a liar, always a liar!